Thursday 28 March 2013

Ministry of Sound The Annual 2013 Review

                           From www.purplesneakers.com.au
Ever since the Ministry of Sound record company was founded back in 1995, they have been supplying us with the freshest and hottest complilations and I just can't get enough of them. The Annual 2013 was released back in November and I loved the 63 songs they gathered together to create their collection. With an eclectic mix of chart hits, dance anthems and infectious house, this CD has pretty much everything you need! Here is my pick of the best tunes on the compilation.

Stooshe- Black Heart (Wookie Remix)

I loved Black Heart when it was released, and this remix impressed me. I love the dance tones and  it definitely gives the song a more uplifiting feel in comparison to the original. 

 

Harder Than You Think- Public Enemy

You may recognise this tune as it was used a lot during the Paralympics and has been played in a number of adverts and films. Public Enemy are the modern day alternative to Run DMC and this hit is infectious. 

Madeon- The City

This is definitely a feel- good hit, and here Ministry of Sound moved away from its love of dance and dub by including this pop song. I guarantee you will be hitting repeat with this one.

NERVO & Hook N Sling - Reason

This song has all the ingredients you need to cook up a perfect dance hit, and with a music video that includes denim shorts, pink hair and skaters, it definitely makes me wish it was summer again! 

A-Trak & Zinc- Like The Dancefloor (ft. Natalie Storm) 

With playful lyrics and an infectious rhythmn, this song that is dominated by Natalie Storm is definitely one of my favourites. I love the festival feel to the music video too- perfect tune to get you in the mood for the warmer months. 

DJ Fresh - Gold Dust (Shy FX Re-Edit) 

This tune was massive when it was released back in 2010, and I love this re-edit even more. Slowing the tempo with reggae tones and contrasting it to the drum and bass that emerges a third of the way through the song gives it an addictive quality. 

 

BURNS - Lies (Otto Knows Remix)

Thought I would finish on a high note with this remix. Thumping beats, frantic violins and a retro-inspired music video- what more do you need? 

No comments:

Post a Comment