Wednesday 10 April 2013

Craving Some Electro House?

                               From www.thehouseofcoxhead.com
I love all genres of music, but dance and house seem to be the types I keep going back to. Ministry of Sound have two amazing Youtube channels where they upload the latest remixes, and I find myself going back to their playlists time and time again. They recently released a yearly mix of the best Electro House, something I got incredibly excited about, so I decided to write about my favourites from their selection, and recommend some of my own choices. I can't promise that the songs won't cross genres, but either way, they are all amazing tunes. Feel free to recommend any of your own! 

 

DJ Fresh feat. RaVaughn - The Feeling (Utah Saints Remix)

I love the Utah Saints and I was thrilled when I found out they had remixed this massive hit. The build-up is definitely my favourite part of this song and is six minutes of amazing music as you can feel the electro house pumping through your body.
 

 

Bingo Players feat. Far East Movement -- Get Up (Rattle) (Extended Mix)

I've loved this song for so long, and it's great that it made it's way to number one lately. The combination of gritty rap and  thumping beat makes this house hit infectious. The music video is highly entertaining too and I dare you not to press repeat! 

Avicii vs Lenny Kravitz - Superlove

I am so in love with Avicci's music and rather than pick his most popular song at the moment (I Could Be The One) I decided to go for this amazing tune that was released last year. Superlove combines the soft voice of Kravitz with a pounding and addictive beat- Avicii is a genius and I can't wait to see what he pulls off next. 

Matrix & Futurebound- Magnetic Eyes (Ft. Baby Blue)

Crossing over to the realms of drum and bass, Magnetic Eyes impressed me so much. The music video may begin with cheesy origins, but the song blew me away so give it a listen, I promise you won't be disappointed. 

Danny Dove feat. Susie Ledge -Goodbye (Club Mix)

Again, this song is less about electro house, but more about dance. There is a powerful build-up to the song and Goodbye lends itself to a euphoric feel and is reminiscent of the best elements of '90s dance. 

Burns- Lies (Otto Knows Remix)

Many of you may recognise this tune as Lies used to be massively popular. For anyone fans of infectious build-ups and sleek music videos, give this a watch.

 

Tommy Trash & A-Trak - Tuna Melt

I love Tommy Trash and even though he has been around a while, I can tell this year is going to be his year. This one was released at the end of last year and is a corker.

Jessie ware - Night Light (Joe Goddard Remix)

A lot less hectic than the picks in my selection, Jessie Ware has a beautiful voice and this remix of her highly popular Night Light is brilliant. 

Michael Woods ft. Ester Dean - We've Only Just Begun (R3hab & Zroq Remix)

Instead of opting for the original version of this song, take a listen to this remix. It has an amazing build-up and will definitely get you in the mood for a night out!

Rusko - Somebody To Love (Sigma Remix)

Rusko is amazing, and the Sigma remix is a lot better than the original. Despire being more drum and bass than electro house, I felt it had to be on my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment