Wednesday 6 November 2013

AlunaGeorge at Shepherd's Bush London

Back in July, I attended a festival in Spain called Benicassim, which gathered together a variety of acts in several genres. Despite big names like The Killers and The Arctic Monkeys, it was small time duo Alunageorge who were one of my firm favourites during the week of music.



After bagging myself some tickets for their Shepherd's Bush set at the end of October, I was really excited to see more from the subtle, understated and altogether ethereal group made up of Aluna Francis and George Reid. Before the gig even began, I grabbed some drinks with friends and saw Reid standing behind us, casually chatting to a girl before he went on stage.

It certainly is hard to describe the sheer skill in which they make their electropop addictive and wild, yet utterly unnervingly calm. Francis' smooth and high notes resonated in the small venue and as she sang multiple tracks from the Body Music album, the audience was no doubt haunted by her voice.


(Above: my own picture from the gig)


The perfect encore of White Noise confirmed to me that they are definitely an act I want to see again, and I can't wait for more music.

No comments:

Post a Comment