Friday 5 September 2014

Dutch DJ Accuses Charli XCX of Masturbating on Air. Wut?!

Nothing like a bit of casual sexism in the music industry.

What the fudge? Rising star Charli XCX may be realising her new found fame doesn't come with the best of times, and this week was definitely up there. The hit-maker who recently teamed up with rapper Iggy Azalea for number one single 'Fancy', took part in a less than savoury interview with a Dutch radio station.



Conforming to the nation's stereotype, DJ Giel Beelen of 3FM goaded the young singer whilst taking part in a common activity on their show. Beelen asked XCX to say 'good morning' in the most sexual way she could, to which she obliged. The sleazy DJ then asked if she had her "hands on [her] body", to which she replied they were behind her back.

Not content with leaving the joke, he exclaimed "Oh I thought you were fingering yourself or something".




She later took to Twitter to tell her followers about her ordeal: 

"Just got asked if I was fingering myself on the radio. s/o sexism. It's the best".

"Like, I just don't understand people's brains sometimes"


SLEAZY DJ

Instead of apologising, the abhorrent DJ quoted the star and added

"I don't care, i love it ;-) thx was fun! RT @charli_xcx: just got asked if I was fingering myself on the radio. s/o sexism. it's the best."

I don't know about you, but I want to punch this guy. No respect.


No comments:

Post a Comment